Tuesday, December 5, 2006

Thanksgiving Project

I am starting to teach Evan about some issues outside of his little world, and teach him to be thankful for what he has. We have been talking very simply about AIDS orphans in Africa. I told him that they don’t have mommies or daddies because they got sick, and now they have to live in the road. I asked him if he thought it would be fun to live in the road. He said, “No, cause I would get hit by a car!” As part of this little lesson we made art projects for a few weeks leading up to Thanksgiving that we sold to our thanksgiving guests to raise money for Living Hope Ministries which is building an AIDS orphanage in a slum in Nairobi, Kenya. Evan and Julia raised nearly $60 for AIDS orphans that day. I am very proud of them.





No comments:

Post a Comment